« AnteriorContinuar »
Religious Knowledge: 1, 49, 97, 145, 193, 241, 289, 337, 385, 433.
Junior. (a) 2 KINGS; (6) ST. MARK; (c) 2 CORINTHIANS; (d) CHURCH
(a) 1. How was Joram related to Ahaziah ? What was Ahaziah's place in the line of the kings of Israel ?
2. Where were the following places, and with what events were they connected ? Jericho, Bethel, Carmel, Jezreel, Gaza.
3. Senior Paper, No. 1.
4. Explain the following passages by reference to the events to which they allude:
(i) “I am as thou art, my people as thy people.”
(6) 5. In what language and at what place is it supposed that this Gospel was written?
6. What parable and what cures are related by St. Mark alone ?
7. State what you know about the Pharisees, the Sadducees, the Herodians, and the Scribes. What two Schools existed within the party of the Pharisees ?
(c) 8. Senior Paper, No. 9.
9. What facts does St. Paul appeal to as evidence of the deep interest he took in the Corinthian Church ? 10. Give some account of Silas, Titus, and Timotheus.
(d) 11. What is the meaning of the word “Creed"? What creeds are there besides the Apostolic Creed? When were they drawn up, and by whom? Give Scripture proofs of the articles of the Apostles' Creed.
12. What does the Baptismal vow include? Give the derivation and meaning of the following words as used in the Catechism : renounce, pomps, article, quick, collect, canticle.
13. Explain the passages: "Descended into hell,” the Catholic Church," "state of salvation."