« AnteriorContinuar »
1, One of his disciples faith unto him, Master^ fee what manner of stones, and what buildings are here.
a. And Jesus answering said unto him, Secfl thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone ppon another, that shall not be thrown down, &C.
I 5. 'Then let him that is On the house-top, not go down into the house, neither enter thercin, to take my thing out of his house.
Mary Magdalen with her Box of
A T wealthy Simon's pleasant Country-Seat,
3. ^4j /tf/if at meat, there came a woman, having an alabaster-box of ointment of spikenard, very precious; and she brake the box, and poured it upon his head.
4. And there were some that had indignation within themselves, and said, Why was this waste of the ointment made?
5. For it might have been sold more than three hundred fence, and have been given to the poor. And they murmured against her.
6. And Jesus said, Let her alone, why trouble ye her? [he hath wrought a good work on me.
7he Resurreftion ofChrist declared by an Angel to three Women.
CCarce had the sober Morning's doubtful Ray
Bcckon'd the Sun and warn'd the Shades away, When the two Maries went with pious Care, T" anoint their Master in the Sepulchre: Concern'd, as through the silent Shades they come, To move the pond'rous Stone which clos'd the
Tomb. That Care was vain, their kind celestial Friend Had roll'd it thence, they to the Vault descend; When loe, a Form adorn'd with heav nly Grace, Immortal Youth sat smiling in his Face: In long white Robes of purest Æther made, And his own native Light and Flame array'd; And to the trembling Women thus he said. —I know your Cares, dispel your caufless Fear, Jesus you seek, he's Risen, he's not here. The joyful News to his Disciples bear, For Galilee he's gone to meet em there.
They went, but till they to th' Apostles come,
To none the Vision tell, amazement struck em dumb.
2. Very early in the morning, the fir ft day of the neel^, they came unto the sepulchre at thi rising of the fun, &c.
5. And entring into the sepulchre, they saw & young man sitting on the right fide, clothed in a tong white garment ; and they were affrighted.
6. And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: ye fiel^ Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen, he is not here: behold the -place where they laid him.
7. But go your way, tell his disciples, Sec.