« AnteriorContinuar »
3. As he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disci-, fles came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, whtn (hall these things he? and what shall he the sign of thy coming, and of tne end of the world, &c.
30. Then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of-the earth mourn, and they foall fee the Son of man corning in the clouds of heaven, with fewer and great glory,
1 —- - .' i —im
The Par Me of the wise and foolifli Virgins,
•T1 E N Virgins fair one Roof did entertain,
One Half were Wise.the other Fond and Vain: All went to meet the Bridegroom and the Bride, The Wise their Golden Lamps with Oy 1 fupply'd: Th' Imprudent,careless, tho' cheirLamps were dry, 'Twas Time enough they thought Recruits to buy: But while the Bridegroom on the Road did stay, Tir'd with their Journey and his long Delay, Inglorious Sleep did all the Ten surprise, And heavy leaden Slumbers scal'd their Eyes
When loe a Mid-night Cry— The Bridegroom's
He comes, he comes, his Harbingers are here:
In haste they rose, their Lamps they all prepare,
Those of the Wise shone sparkling, bright and fair.
The Foolish wou'd have borrow'd of the Wife",
But ask in vain, their Oyl wou'd but suffice:
Arrives the Bridegroom while they went for more,
His ready Guests receives, and shuts the Door;
The other came at length, but came too late,
And mown in mid-night Shades their own unhappy Fate.
1■ T/wj shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took, their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
1. And five of them were wise, and five were fooli/h.
3. They that were foolish took, their lamps, and M. no oyl with them:
4« But the wife took, oyl in their vessels with »«> lamps, &c.
St. Mat T H Chap. XXV. Ver 15, - 16, 17, 18.
15. To one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one, to every one according to his abiity, and straitway took his journcy. 16. Then be that had received the five talents, went and traded with the same, and made then other five talents. 17. And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two. 13. But he that had received one, went and dig