« AnteriorContinuar »
DIOCESE OF OXFORD.
(Deacons.) 1. What are the chief merits and defects of Eusebius' Church History? What do you know about Eusebius himself?
2. Give some account of the life and doctrines of Marcion. How did he deal with the New Testament?
3. Write a life of Origen, or of Cyprian.
4. Give an account of some one among the early Christian Apologies, with the (approximate) date at which it was written.
5. What controversy arose in the third century about Millenarianism ? How was that controversy terminated ?
6. What incidents in the history of the first three centuries bear upon the question of Papal Supremacy ? What conclusion do they justify ?
7. What was the heresy of Paul of Samosata ? Give the history of the proceedings against bim.
8. What notices of Christianity do we find in heathen writers (Greek or Latin) during the first three centuries?
examination has satisfied the examining Chaplains, and that they are prepared, so far as this trial is
concerned, to present you to the Bishop as duly
qualified for Ordination.
I am, dear Sir,
Res. Anchena Clack/
(Priests.) 1. Does the Epistle to the Romans seem to have been addressed mainly to Jewish or to Gentile Christians ?
2. How does this Epistle justify the definition of Original Sin as “the fault and corruption of the nature of every man”?
3. What objections to his main doctrinal positions, or erroneous inferences from them, does St. Paul himself suggest? How does he meet them severally? .
4. “I am carnal, sold under sin. For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.” Do you understand St. Paul to be describing in these words his own condition at the time at which he wrote ? Give reasons for your answer. 5. Explain :a. “ Who was delivered for our offences, and was
raised again for our justification."
give him drink. For in so doing thou shalt
heap coals of fire on his head." 6. Translate carefully, explaining any difficulties that strike you: (α) όσοι γάρ ανόμως ήμαρτον, ανόμως και απολούνται
και όσοι εν νόμω ήμαρτον, δια νόμου κριθήσονται. (β) συμμαρτυρούσης αυτών της συνειδήσεως, και μεταξύ
αλλήλων των λογισμών ή κατηγορούντων ή και απολογουμένων.