« AnteriorContinuar »
Q Lord, arise and help us, O deliver us
fftr thy Name's sake, O Lord hear us, O Christ hear us: God
the Father; God the Son; God the
Holy Ghost, have mercy upon us. O save us now and evermore. Amen.
Upon the Suppression of the Rebellion in .... 1746. . ,
Psal. CXVHf. Fix*
'g4j., ; ■ ^ HIS is the day which the Lord
A. hath made: we will rejoice and Bass, be glad in it. Tour, Ps. cxliv. 9. I will fing unto thee, O God, Contra
a new song, and fing praises unto thee te"or' _r,r upon a ten stringed lute. 10. Thou hast given victory unto kings:Trei ., and hast delivered thy servant David from the peril of the sword. This is the day, &c. Ps. xx. 6. Now know I that -the Lord helpeth his anointed, and will hear him from his holy heav'n: ev'n with the saving strength of his right hand. 8. They are brought down and fall'n, but we are ris'n, and stand upright.
This is the day which the Lor D hath made: we will rejoice and be glad in it. Hallelujah. Amen.
Three PsAL. CXLV.
1. T Will magnify thee,0 God my King: Tenor -*- anc* * w^ PTM& thy Name for ever Contra- and ever.
2. Ev'ry day will I give thanks unto thee: and praise thy Name for ever and ever.
3. Great is the Lord, and marvellous, worthy to be praised: there is no end of his greatness.
4. One generation shall praise thy works unto another: and declare thy power.
5. As for me, I will be talking of thy worship: thy glory, thy praise and wondrous works.
6. So that men shall speak of the might of thy marvellous acts: and I will also tell of thy greatness.
7. The memorial of thine abundant kindness shall be mewed: and men shall sing of thy righteousness.
Psal. XCVI. qw
?* A Scrfte unto the Lord, O ye kin-J""' Jtjl dreds of the people, ascribe un-^
to the Lord worship and power. S. Ascribe unto the Lord the honour due
Unto his Name: bring presents and come
into his courts. Oy O worship the Lord in the beauty of
holiness: let the whole earth stand in
awe of him.
10. Tellit out among the heathen, that the Lord is King: and that 'tis he who hath made the round world so fast that it cannot be moved; and how that he mall judge the people righteously.
11. Les the heav'ns rejoice, and let the earth be glad: let the sea make a noise,, and all that therein is.
12. Let the field be joyful, and all that is in it: then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice before the Lord.
13. For he cometh, he Cometh to judge the earth: and with righteousness to judge the world, and the people with his truth. Æien, Amen.
Tw, Psal. CXLIX.
i. f\ Sing unto the Lord a new song: l*'u V_x let the congregation of saints praise
2. Let Israel rejoice in him that made him: and let the children of Sion be joyful in their King.
3. Let them praise his Name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with tabret and harp.
4. For the Lord hath pleasure in his people: and helpeth the meek-hearted.
j. Let the saints be joyful with glory: - let them rejoice in their beds.
6. Let the praises of God be in their mouth: and a two edged sword in their hands j
7. To be avenged of the heathen; and to rebuke the people;
8. To bind their Kings in chains: and their nobles with links of iron.
g. That they may be avenged of them, as it is written: such honour have all his saints. Amen. ,-, ... '..:
Psal. XXIV. Tw
1. HT^ HE earth is the Lord's, and allFoi'"
A that therein is: the compass of Bass, the world, and they that dwell therein. fmtra
T-t i i i tenor.
2. For he hath founded it upon the seas: and prepared it upon the floods.
3. Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord: or who mall rise up in his holy place?
4. Ev'n he that hath clean hands, and a pure heart: and that hath not lift up his mind unto vanity, nor sworn to deceive his neighbour.
5. He shall receive the blessing from the Lord: and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
7. Lift up your heads, O ye gates, and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors: and the King of glory shall come in.
8. Who is the King of glory: it is the Lord strong and mighty, ev'n the Lord mighty in battle.
8, and 10. Who is the King of glory: ev'n the Lord of hosts; he is the King of glory. Amen. Amen.