« AnteriorContinuar »
Io. OING unto the Lord a new song, k3 ye that go down to the sea: the isles,
and the inhabitants thereof. 12. Let them give glory unto the Lord,
and declare his praise.
1 3. The Lord shall go forth in his might j
he shall prevail against his enemies: the
Lord, who maketh a way in the sea,
and a path in the mighty waters. Chap. xl. 22, He fitteth upon the circle of
the earth; he stretcheth out the heavens
as a curtain. MATTH.viii. 27. He speaketh the word,
and the winds and sea obey his voice. Isa. xli. 1 o. The Lord shall strengthen us 0 with his arm: and uphold us with his
right hand. 14. The Lord our God is with us j he is
our Redeemer, even the holy One of
PS Al. V.
I. "|3Onder my words, O Lord: and Jl consider my meditation.
2 . O hearken unto my calling, my King,
and my God.
'8. Lead 8. Lead me, O Lord, in thy righteous. ness, because of mine enemies: make thy way plain before my .face.'
11. Destroy thine enemies, O God, let them perish in their own imaginations: cast them out in the multitude of their ungodliness.
12. And let all those that trust in thee rejoice: they that love thy Name, will be joyful in thee.
13-. Thou, Lord, wilt give thy blessing unto the righteous: thou wilt defend him, as with a shield.
Anthem for Ash-wednesday,
Psal. XXXVIII. 7hree
1. T)UT me not to rebuke, O Lord,V°ic"XT in thine anger: neither chasten me Bafs'
in thy heavy displeasure. TeMr*
2. For thine arrows stick fast in me: and thy hand presseth me sore.
3. There is no health in my flesh, because of thy displeasure: neither is there any rest in my bones, by reason of my sin.
4. For my wickednesses are gone over my head: and are like a sore burden, too heavy sot me to bear. \
6. I am brought into so great trouble and misery: that I go mourning all the day long.
Q. Lord, thou knowest all my desire: and my groaning is not hid from thee.
?i. Forsake me not, O Lord my God I be not thou far from me.
22. Haste thee to help me; O Lord God of my salvation.
An Anthem for Good-friday.
I, TV^Y God, my God, look upon me, XV A why hast thou forsaken me: and art so far from my health, and from the words of my complaint?
%, O my God, I cry in the day time, but thou hearest not: and in the night-sea^ son also I take no rest.
3. And thou continuest holy: O thou worship of Israel.
j. All they that see me, laugh me to scorn? they shoot out their lips, and shake their heads, faying, .
8. He trusted in po D, that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, if he will have him.
14. I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joynt: my heart also in the midst of my body is even like melting wax.
17. They pierced my hands, and my feet, I may tell all my bones: they stand staring and looking upon me.
18. They part my garments among them: and cast lots upon my vesture.
19. But be not thou far from me, O Lord: Ps Al. xxxviii. 22. Haste thee to help me,
O Lord God of my salvation.
Ps A L. CXIX. first Tart. I, It J Lessed are those that are undefiled X3 in the way: and walk in the law?\,
of the Lord. a. Blesied are they that keep his testimonies: and seek him with their whole heart.
4. Thou hast charged: that we shall diligently keep thy commandments.
5. O that my ways were made so direct: that I might keep thy statutes.
'Third Part, ver. 2. Open thou mine eyes: that I may see the wondrous things of thy law:
Second Part, ver. 7, Then will I talk of thy commandments: and have respect unto thy ways.
E 4 8. My
8. My delight shall be in thy statutes: and
I will not forget thy word.
thy praise: when thou hast taught me
thy statutes. 4. Yea, my tongue (hall sing of thy word:
for all thy commandments are righteous.
Sot: Ps Al. Oil.
frtkjt, 1 ( Raise the Lord, O my soul: and JL all that is within me praise his holy Name. ,
2. Praise the Lord, O my soul; and forget not all his benefits.
4, Who saveth thy life from destruction': and crownath thee with mercy and loving kindness. *
20. O praise the Lord, ye angels of his, ye that excel in strength: that fulfil his com
2 I. mandment j ye servants that do his plea^ - sure.
22. O speak good os the Lord, all ye works of his. Hallelujah.
Soh. Ps A L. LI.
S?" TT Ave mercy upon me, O God, as: JL JL ter thy great goodness: and, according to the multitude of thy mercies, do away mine offences. 1 2. Q