« AnteriorContinuar »
12. O give me the comfort of thy help again: and stablish me with thy free spirit.'
11. Cast me not away from thy presence: and take not thy holy Spirit from me.
15. Thou shalt open my lips, O Lord: and my mouth shall shew thy praise.
13. Then shall I teach thy ways- unto the wicked: and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
1 g. Then shalt thou be pleased with the sa. crifice of righteousness, with burnt offer
14. ings and oblations: and my tongue shall sing of thy righteousness.
j 7. The sacrifice of God is a troubled spirit: a broken and contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
Ps Al. LXI. Solo.
6, 7. s~\ Lord, grant the king a long7*"1" V^/ life: O prepare thy loving mer-cy and faithfulness that they may preserve him.
Ps Al. lxxxix. 29. Let thy mercy continue with him for evermore: and thy counsel stand fast with him.
jo. Let his seed endure for ever: and his Throne as the days of heaven.
Psal. cxxxii. 19. As for his enemies, cloth
them with shame: but upon himself let
his crown flourish. Psal. cxviii. 24. This is the day which
the Lord hath made: we will rejoice ;- and be glad in it.
Psal. 20. 5. We will rejoice in thy salvation: and triumph in the name of the Lord our God.
7W Psal. LXXXIV.
lotccs' 4. T)Lessed are they that dwell in thy J.3 house: they will be always praising thee.
5. Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee: in whose heart are thy ways.
7, They will go from strength to strength: and unto the God of Gods appeareth every one of them in Siotf.
8. O Lord God of hosts, hear my prayer 1 hearken, O God of Jacob.
g. Behold, O God our defender: and look upon the face of thine anointed.
12. The Lord God is a light and defence: ^he Lord will give grace and worship, and no good thing shall he with-hold from them that live a godly life.
13. O Lord God of hosts: blessed is the man that putteth his trust in thee.
Ps Al. CXIX. the last Part, Sob.
1. T" ET my complaint come before thee,G>ntraI J Olord: give me understanding
according to thy word.
2. Let my supplication come before thee: deliver me according to thy word.
j. My lips shall speak os thy praise: when
thou hast taught me thy statutes. A. Yea my tongue (hall sing of thy word:
for all thy commandments are righteous.
5. Let thine hand help me, for I have chosen thy commandments.
6. I have longed for thy saving health, O Lord, and in thy law is my delight.
7. O let my soul live, and it shall praise thee: and thy judgments shall help me.
For the Epiphany.
Isaiah LX. Four
1, A Rise, shine, O Zion% for thy lightFoUls* ii is come, and the glory of the^'
Lord is risen upon thee. ?cmrK Z. Behold the darkness shall cover the earth, ^*w*t
and gross darkness the people: but the
Lor D shall arise upon thee, and his glo-i*'
ry shall be seen upon thee.
3. The Gentiles shall come to thy light and kings to the brightness of thy rising.
19. The fun shall be no more thy light by day, neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the Lord shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory. , -;
Chap. lxi. 10. I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God, for he hath clothed me with the garment of salvation, he hath cover'd me with the robe of righteousness.
TW. :Ps Al. LXVI1I.
Voic"' 4. s~*\ Sing unto God: sing praises to his BaA \_y name, and rejoice before him. '?
tenor. 5. He is a father of the fatherless: :he defendeth the cause of the widows, and 6. bringeth the prisoners out of captivity.
19. Praised be the Lord daily: even the . God who helpeth us, and poureth his
benefits upon us.
20. He is our God, even the God of whom . cometh salvation: God is the Lord by
whom we escape death. ( 3 Sing unto God, O ye kingdoms of the earth: Q sing praises unto the Lord.
- Psal. Ps Al. CII. Four
i. T TEAR my prayer Ogod, and letr*ca'
Jljl my supplication come before thee. Ps. xxxv. i. Plead thou my cause, O Lord, _'
•11 • i /-i Contra
with them that strive with -me; fight tenor, thou against them that fight against me. treble.
2. Lay hand upon the shield and buckler, stand up to help me.
3. Bring forth the spear, and stop the way 2 3. against them that persecute me; avenge
thou my cause, my God and my Lord. Ps. xx. g. Save, Lord, and hear us, Oking
of heav'n: when we call upon thee. lxxi. 14. We will go forth in the strength of
the Lord God. xliv. 6. Through thee will we overthrow our
enemies, and tread them under that rife
up against us.
the Lord our God, who hath made hea-
Ps Al. LVII.
MY heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I Will sing andf^'' give praise.