« AnteriorContinuar »
Composed by Mr. Bernard Gates, one of the Gentlemen, and Master of the Children of the Chapel-Royal.
Ejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous: for it becometh well the just to be thankful. Ps A L . ciii. 3, He forgivetht all thy sin: and healeth all thine infirmities. -' . Psal. xxxiii. 2, Praise the Lord with harp: sing praise unto him with the lute, and instrument of ten strings. Ps A^. cxlvii. 3. He healeth those that are broken in heart; and giveth medicine to heal their sickness. Psae; xxxiv. 3. O praise the Lord with me: and let us magnify his Name to-! gether.
%, My help cometh even from the Lord:
who hath made heaven and earth. 3. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved:
and he that keepeth thee will not sleep. Psal. lxxxix. 9. O Lord God of hosts,
who is like unto thee: thy truth, most
mighty Lord, is on every side. 15. Righteousness and equity are the habi-r
tation of thy seat; .mercy and truth shall
go before thy face. Ps Al. cxlv. 21. My mouth shall speak the
praise of the Lord: and let all flesh give
thanks unto his holy Name for ever and
Ps Al. XXVII. Tw.
I. 'HpHE Lord is my light and myFoU"JL salvation; whom then shall r7*"" fear: the Lord is the strength of myfrebleslife j of whom then shall I be afraid? 5. In the time of trouble he shall hide me in his tabernacle: yea, in the secret place of his dwelling shall he hide me, and set me up upon a rock of stone.
7. Therefore will I offer in his dwelling an oblation with great gladness; I will sing, and .give praises unto the Loud, i
Iuke u. 1%. GlorytoGoD onJaigh. Hallelujah. ,)r'..
.' < • i ' . r .'..'•.' .
Voices. j. >f~^\ Be joyful in 'the Lord, all ye Three \^JF' lands: servrtheLord withglad
TrebUi. ness, 'and come: before ;his presence with a song.
2. Be ye sure that the llo'rd he is God; itishre'that hath made us, and not we ourselves: we are his people, andthe
'sheep of'his pasture.
3. O go your way into his gates with-thankfgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and speak good of his name.
4. For the Lord is gracious, his mercy is everlasting: and his truth endureth from generation to generation.
Lu>icE>iHi.*4, iGlmy to God on high. -Hallelujah. ''. •' ;;Jv
2. 1 will be glad arid rejoice in thee: yea, my songs will I make of thy Name, O fttou 'most 'Highest,
4. For thou hast maintained my right arid
Ps At. cxviii. 25. Help me now, l0 Lord:
Ps Al. lxxxiv. 9. Behold, O God our de-
Ps Al. lxi. 6. and xxi. 6. Grant the King a long life: and make him glad with the joy of thy countenance. Amen.
r-\r - .
Ps Al. XfH.
so^etme, 6"** Lor D, for ^ever: how long wiltTlW0 thou hide thy face from me?'" 'frMt
2. How long fhail 1 leek counsel in my soul, and be so vexed in my heart: how long shall mine enemies triumph over me?
3, Consider and hear me, O Lord my God: lighten mine eyes, that I steep not in death.
.4, Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed 3 against against him: for if I be cast down, they that trouble me, will rejoice at it. ,