« AnteriorContinuar »
9. O worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness : fear before him, all the earth.
10. Say among the heathen that the Lord reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved : he shall judge the people righteously.
11. Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof.
12. Let the field be joyful, and all that is therein : then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice
13. Before the Lord: for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.
PSALM XCVII. 78. Anthem inviting all the earth to praise the true God for all his
benefits, to renounce idolatry, and to bow before his supreme majesty ; his ark being now established in the taber. nacle on Mount Zion. 2 Sam. vi. 17-19.
1. The Lord reigneth; let the earth rejoice; let the multitude of isles be glad thereof.
2. Clouds and darkness are round about him : righteousness and judgment are the habitation of his throne.
3. A fire goeth before him, and burneth up his enemies round about.
4. His lightnings enlightened the world: the earth saw, and trembled. :
5. The hills melted ike wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.
6. The heavens declare his righteousness, and all the people his glory.
7. Confounded be all they that serve graven images, that boast themselves of idols:
Worship him, all ye gods.
8. Zion heard, and was glad; and the daughters of Judah rejoiced because of thy judgments, O Lord.
9. For thou, Lord, art high above all the earth: thou art exalted far above all gods.
10. Ye that love the Lord, hate evil : he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the band of the wicked.
11. Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.
12. Rejoice in the Lord, ye righteous; and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. PSALM XCVIII. 79.
Psalm inviting the Israelites, and all the earth, to praise God for all
his benefits, on the establishment of the ark in the tabernacle of David, on Mount Zion. 2 Sam. vi, 17-19.
1. O SING unto the Lord a new song; for he bath done marvellous things: his right hand, and bis holy arm, hath gotten him the victory.
2. The Lord hath made known his salvation : his righteousness hath he openly shewed in the sight of the heathen.
3. He hath remembered his mercy and his truth toward the house of Israel: all the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God,
4. Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all the earth : make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise.
5. Sing unto the Lord with the harp; with the barp, and the voice of a psalm.
6. With trumpets and sound of cornet make a joyful noise before the Lord, the King.
7. Let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
8. Let the floods clap their hands: let the hills be joyful together
9. Before the Lord; for he cometh to judge the earth.: with righteousness shall he judge the world, and the people with equity.
PSALM XCIX. 80. Psalm declaring the glory of God, his supreme holiness, and the
holiness required by his people ; sung on the establishment of the ark in the tabernacle on Mouot Zion. 2 Sam. vi, 17-19. and i Chron. xvi. 23--33.
1. The Lord reigneth; let the people tremble: he sitteth between the cherubines; let the earth be moved.
2. The Lord is great in Zion; and he is high above all the people.
3. Let them praise thy great and terrible name; for it is holy.
4. The king's strength also loveth judgment; thou dost establish equity, thou executest judg. ment and righteousness in Jacob.
5. Exalt ye the Lord our God, and worship at bis footstool; for he is holy.
6. Moses and Aaron among his priests, and Samuel among them that call upon his name;
they called upon the Lord, and he answered them.
7. He spake unto them in the cloudy pillar: they kept his testimonies, and the ordinance that he gave them.
8. Thou answeredst them, O Lord our God : thou wast a God that forgavest them, though thou tookest vengeance of their inventions.
9. Exalt the Lord our God, and worship at his holy hill; for the Lord our God is holy.
PSALM C. 74. Foll chorus of thanksgiving, sung when the levites, bearing the
ark, crossed the threshold of the tabernacle of David, in the presence of all Israel, and of all the strangers within the gates. 2 Sam. vi, 17-19. and i Chron. xvi. 8-43.
A Psalm of Praise. 1, 2 Full chorus. 3 High-priest. 4, 5 Chorus of priests and
people. 1. Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lapds.
2. Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
3. Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he