« AnteriorContinuar »
Be it there're
... Goverror. Cocin LT
1. T:2: the pers ** the crizers of de um nr.: in manner aciem beradi:
1 provided :07. scii:*** shall be a body crié 20 21 - Water Commercia lottetow 3." àci si baie 77sary to eaten: CH"_L and maintain 12-ci
Te mentioni, acis ir 1nected there ici. Dwi control the same.al the powers asi cam -1 7 this Act, acd tcr thee II.!i.. Ei enact, ai esine i 5-T Li C13 for the due carritz 03. i
: intentions of the
2. It shall be the nex: 1 Commissioners to este ori N:-:317.11 upon all matters relate:03:. City of Charlottetown with a sin
of pure and wholeso:ne we??:
it said city and its inhabitants and also to build aid oor.be very water-works, reservoirs, ban: and other appliances requisite ir sac object, and to improve, secure. nirain, aci enlarge any of the said works from time to time, as to the said Water Commissioners for the time being may see meet. Tses Water Commissioners shall have power to employ engineer
base such lots, lands, ease
13. and all such oiter persons,
A sum of four hundred dollars to the memberei President of the Legislative Council, and one
hundred and sixty dollars to each of the Members of the said Council, for his attendance during the present session, together with his travelling expenses (as allowed to Members of the House of Assembly) in coming to and returning fron the Legislative Council, the same to be paid out of the amount voted for the contingent expenses of the Legislative Council, and also the sum of twelve dollars to each member of the Council for stationery and postage.
Charlottetown Water-works Act, 1887.
[Assented to, 7th May, 1887.)
THEREAS the citizens of the City of
Charlottetown deem it necessary and advisable that the said city be supplied with pure and wholesome water for domestic, fire, and other purposes, and have by resolutions passed at a general public meeting of citizens called to consider the matter, Resolved that Water-works for the said city be built and constructed through the agency and management, and under the entire control of three Commissioners, to be elected by the citizens for that purpose. And that all such water-works and the lands and premises, and all machinery connected therewith and necessary for the undertaking, be vested in and become the property of the said City of Charlottetown.
Be it therefore enacted by the Lieutenant
1. That three persons shall be elected by Three.com.
2. It shall be the duty of the said Water Commissioners to examine, consider and decide, powers of upon all matters relative to supplying the said ers. City of Charlottetown with a sufficient quantity of pure and wholesoine water for the use of the said city and its inhabitants, for all purposes, and also to build and construct the necessary water-works, reservoirs, buildinys, machinery, and other appliances requisite for this said object, and to improve, secure, maintain, and enlarge any of the said works from time to time, as to the said Water Commissioners for the time being inay see meet. The said Water Commissioners shall have power to employ engineers, surveyors, and all such other persons, and to rent or purchase such lots, lands, ease
ments, privileges, water rights, buildings and
3. For the proper performance of their duties, and in order to ascertain the best and
most preferable localities and sites for the purAuthority poses of the said water-works, and all other ioners in per rights and privileges necessary for their contheir duties."struction and operation, it shall be lawful for
the said Water Commissioners and their engi-
water privileges in the construction of the said water-works: Provided always that all such entries and preliminary surveys and tests in this section mentioned shall be lawful and permissible before any amount of compensation or damages shall be claimed by or paid to any owner of the land or other property mentioned in this section, and also it shall and may be lawful for the said Water Commissioners, their agents, servants, and workmen appointed as aforesaid from time to time and at all such times hereafter as they shall see fit, and they are hereby authorized and empowered to enter into and upon the land of any person and persons, , bodies politic or corporate, in the said City of Charlottetown, or within twenty miles of the said city, and to survey, set out, and ascertain such parts thereof as they may require for the purposes of the said water-works, and also to divert and appropriate any springs, streams, lakes, or bodies of water as they shall judge suitable and proper, and to sink wells and make excavations in order to obtain water by filteration or percolation, or from subterranean streams, and for the construction of such works as may be necessary, and to contract with the owners or occupiers of the said lands and those having an interest or right in the said water or waters for the purchase thereof, or any part thereof, or of any privilege that may be required for the purposes of the said Water Commissioners and for the right to take all timber, stone, gravel, sand, and other materials from the same or adjacent lands for the use and construction of the said works, and in case of disagreement between the said Water Commissioners and the owners or occupiers of the said lands, or any person having an interest in